Stalosan F for poultry
Stalosan F has many advantages in poultry productions including control of different pathogenic microorganisms and neutralization of harmful substances in bedding and air. In this way a weekly dosage of Stalosan F several times has proven that it can control characteristic harmful microorganisms e.g. coccidia, salmonella, campylobacters, aspergillus and ticks. At the same time a substantial improvement in bedding quality has been established, maintaining a loose dry bed, increasing the durability of the bedding material.
Stalosan F Application Recommendations for poultry
As far as situation is different in any farm here are given theoretical guidelines.
For best results Stalosan F application should be adjusted to the farm health status, mortality, disease problems faced and production performance.
Stalosan F application in Broiler farms
- For broilers we recommend to use Stalosan every week for the whole production cycle if higher mortality appears, due to increased pathogen pressure.
- In good health status of the flocks two applications per turn can improve the production results significantly.
First application prior to bird accommodation.
Second application prior to the critical period, where mortality can peak (around day 12 – 15).
For production periods exceeding 36 days, a third application can be considered (around day 28 – 30).
- We do not recommend to use Stalosan F together with anticoccidial vaccine.
Stalosan F application for Laying hens
- As a part of biosecurity program for pathogen control and disease prevention Stalosan F can be used twice per month if the health status of the birds is good.
- It is highly recommended to use Stalosan F during the stress periods, like laying start (week 19 – 21), peak of laying (week 29 – 31), feed changes (week 39 – 41, 59 – 61), during medication or other stressing procedures. In this case Stalosan F can be applied once weekly prior and during the above mentioned periods (2-3 weeks).
- In order to maintain good animal health and performance Stalosan can be applied twice per month during the whole production period.
- Additionally, Stalosan F has been tested in farms with persistent E. coli infection and of course Stalosan can be used against persisting pathogens. Recommended application is daily for the first 3 days and twice a week afterwards for the first month. From the second month applications can be reduced to once per week and in the third month the application can follow pathogen control recommendations.
Stalosan F application in Breeders farms
- For Breeders, we recommend to apply similar to the one for laying hens. We advise to perform two (2) applications per month for the whole production period if the flock is in a good health condition for better performance.
- Stalosan F can be used also against persisting pathogens - daily for the first 3 days and 2 times a week afterwards for the first month. From the second month applications can be reduced to once per week and in the third month the application can follow pathogen control recommendations.
Stalosan F application for Rearing Pullets
- Stalosan F can be applied once per week during the whole rearing period.
- Stalosan F cannot be applied together with anticoccidial vaccine for 10-15 weeks.
- After 10-15 weeks birds develop immunity against coccidia and Stalosan F application can start.
Precautions for Stalosan F application
- Stalosan application and aerosol vaccination should be performed separately.
- Ensure 24 hours period betweenStalosan application and aerosol vaccination.
- Stalosan cannot be applied if anticoccidial vaccine is used at least for the first 10-15 weeks of bird life.
- As far as breeders and layers are quite stressful it is good to start Stalosan application during pre-laying period. The birds should build a neutral reaction to the applications of Stalosan F. Otherwise stress may decrease the laying rate or cause bird crowding and suffocation of significant number of birds.
- Please make sure no lumped product is used for application in poultry (especially young one or small size birds). The lumps can block the trachea and cause suffocation and dead of the animals.
Stalosan consumption poultry
- Stalosan powder – 5 applications on days 0,7,14,21,28 and at 50 gr/m² = 250gr/m² (1 pound per 100 sq. feet)
- *Density – 18 birds/m² = 13,9 gr./bird (0.49oz/bird) for the whole production cycle.
* The Stalosan quantity varies, according to density and final body weight
Free range layers:
- Stalosan powder – one application per week at 50gr/m²(1 pound per 100 sq. feet)
- Density – 9 layers/m² = 5,56 gr./bird/week (0.196oz/bird/week)
- 52 weeks x 5,56 gr = 290 gr./bird/year (0.639 Pounds/bird/year)
- Usually Stalosan is used during the stress periods like laying start(week 19 – 21), laying peak(week 29 – 31), feed change(week 39 – 41, 59 – 61), during medication or other stressing procedures.
- The same application recommendations are applied for cage raised layers, where each level should be calculated as a treatment area.
- Females – 90 days fattening – 12 weeks x 50gr./m²(1 pound per 100 sq. feet) once weekly = 600gr./m² = 86 gr./bird (0.189 Pounds/bird).
- Males – 120 days fattening = 17 weeks x 50gr/m² once weekly = 850 gr./m² = 0,213 gr./bird(0.0075oz/bird).
- Treat with Stalosan areas around feeders and drinkers where appropriate, normally by hand.
- Using a m² pad of Stalosan, for birds to stand in when eating, can help to reduce feet problems.
- Additionally treatment with Stalosan powder around drinkers by hand is recommended.
1 pound per 100 sq. fe
Stalosan F on-farm trials - poultry
Scientific studies and laboratory analyses are of great value for identifying the disinfectant effect of products such as Stalosan F in controlled conditions. However, they must never be used in isolation, as the clean conditions in the lab may be a far cry from the actual housing, where manure, equipment and poultry may ruin the effect of even highly potent products.
Stalosan F has been subject to many on-farm trials ever since the product was first marketed in the 1960s. Many of the trials arose naturally in connection with poultry farmers buying Stalosan F for the first time to solve a problem of mortality or salmonella, for instance. We have followed many of these processes to document the effect. This has resulted a great deal of positive testimonials, dominated by fundamental production figures such as reduced mortality and FCR and enhanced growth.
Other farm trials have been more well-planned and controlled. One of the controlled on-farm trials are mentioned below.
Stalosan F - problem solving in poultry housing
We contribute knowledge and professional backup to all customers choosing Stalosan F as problem-solver in their livestock production.
When using the product properly and consistently, the farmer will always experience a positive effect that exceeds the costs of the product.
Stable environment poultry
Stalosan F has many advantages in poultry productions that among others include control of different pathogenic microorganisms and neutralization of harmful substances in bedding and air. In this way a weekly dosage of Stalosan F repeatedly has proven that it can control characteristic harmful microorganisms e.g. coccidium, salmonella, campylobacters, aspergillus and ticks. At the same time a substantial improved bedding quality has been established that increases the life of the bedding and maintains the bedding loose and dry.
Stalosan F removes toxic, foul-smelling ammonia and hydrogen sulphide vapours that attack mucous membranes.